Terms & Conditions of Sale(the small print)
The Topics Covered on this page are:
- MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
- WHAT IS INCLUDED AND WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- PAYMENT METHODS
- PARKING OUR VAN AT YOUR LOCATION
- LONDON CONGESTION CHARGE
- CANCELLATION CHARGES
- PRICES Prices quoted on this website are fully inclusive of parts, our labour & VAT (unless otherwise specifically mentioned on the product) There are no hidden charges but there may be additional charges for parking etc so please see Section 3.
- MAKING AN APPOINTMENT:
We make our appointments in one of three ways (Monday - Saturday):
- 'AM' Morning – we arrive at some point between 8:30am and 12noon
- 'PM' Afternoon – we arrive at some point between 12noon and 5pm
- First Job – we arrive between 8:30am and 9:30am (£49 extra charge)
- WHAT’S INCLUDED AND WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Parts and labour are included (unless stated otherwise on the specific job)
- VAT at the ruling rate is also included.
- Any fees paid to park our vehicle (see Parking section 5 below) are not included.
- The London congestion charge (if applicable, see below) is not included.
- Credit/debit card surcharges (see Payment section below) are not included.
- PAYMENT METHODS Payment is required in full immediately upon successful completion of the works either by cash or bank transfer. Please pay our Locksmith before he leaves your premises. Every client is issued with a vat invoice which contains our bank details. We are unable to take card payments and we regretfully cannot accept cheques.
- PARKING OUR VAN AT YOUR LOCATION We need to be able to park our van very near your property legally. If there are no parking restrictions and we park very close, then all is well and good. If however you live in a controlled parking zone CPZ where only residents can park, then we will need a visitor's permit so we can park in a resident's bay. Some customers say "I don't drive, so I have no permits". Well you must have visitors who do drive and if you live in a resident's-only parking street then you should have visitor's permits. If you do not we will have to find the nearest pay and display parking and we will have to add whatever we pay to park to your final invoice. If parking is a real pain where you’re located and we have to park 50 yards or more from your door we will have to make an additional charge of £12 over and above whatever we pay (if applicable) to park our vehicle. Likewise, if we arrive at your address and have to drive round and round looking for a space, the £12 fee will be added.
- LONDON CONGESTION CHARGE If your property is located within the London Congestion Charging Zone then it will be added to your invoice, it's currently £15.00 If your property is located within the London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) then it will be added to your invoice, it's currently £12.50 If we have to enter the charging zones from our previous job to reach you, even if we started outside the charging zones and you are not actually in the zone, then it will be added to your invoice. (This is quite rare but it does happen infrequently).
- CANCELLATION CHARGES Once a job is booked a mandatory cancellation charge will be applicable should the customer cancel the job. Because we allocate a Locksmith’s time to your job as soon as you make your booking, our cancellation charges are effectively immediately, there is no grace period. If you reschedule the job rather than simply cancel (giving us at least 24 hours notice) we will be willing to waive the mandatory cancellation charge for you. If we have made additional keys or ordered items especially for you, then the cost of these will be added to the standard cancellation charge. Our standard cancellation fee is £49, this is payable if the job is cancelled before our engineer actually arrives on site. If however, the job is cancelled after our engineer arrives, the fee payable rises to £69. Parking, congestion charge etc are also added (if applicable). In the case of a booked Bailiff Attendance the cancellation fee payable is £90 + vat. Cancellation charges are payable on the day of cancellation.
Copyright © www.lock-help.co.uk